Monday, August 24, 2009

petit bout de chou (introducing our little bit of cabbage)


We are tickled pink (tickled blue?) to welcome our petit Augustin, born Friday, August 14th, 8 lbs, 8 oz. He arrived a week early, which we can attribute to one of three things: a 4 hour trip to Ikea, a midnight urge to make dozens of jumbo meatballs, or what the French call (quite delicately, I think) la methode italienne.

We are enjoying G.’s French paternity leave (3 weeks!) and napping in shifts. A true Parisian, Augustin made his first outing to the CafĂ© Carillon around the corner at one week old. He is adapting nicely to Johnny Halliday, rap music and the whir of the coffee machine. For his mother, a single pressing question remains: when oh when will the good sushi place get back from vacation…

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Augustin!! Looking forward to meeting you in person! Amanda T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I just finished DEVOURING your book-I loved, loved it. I was so excited to find your blog-and that you have your Augustin! Congratulations!

    I'm visiting Paris for the first time ever during Easter week-I would love any suggestions for a marginally-French-speaking tourist. Do you have a must-see? It would be an honor to meet you, if it would be possible-an autograph in my book would be lovely.

    Merci,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete